Monday 30 July 2012

'love'...made from leftovers!!

I had a few bits and pieces on my workdesk, extra bits that had been cut off other projects. I thought I'd see if I could put them together to make a simple little card......
The pink background is a dollop of paint that I've blasted with some compressed air to 'splat' it out in all directions.Then it was a simple case of adding a scrap bit of die cut washer background that had a tiny bit of text paper stuck to it, a bit of ric rac and a tiny twisted bit of fabric. The stamped heart was stapled with 'kisses' to go with the love theme..... This took minutes to make but I actually rather like it!!
I'm linking up with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge , the theme is 'anything goes' this week!
Love Trish xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, I rather like it too! I do love red and white and this card is very striking. Love that splat. Saw your Patinas piece in September Craft Stamper, love that too, the patina colours on the stars are wonderful, must try that now too......A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! That heart pulls everything together! Thanks so much for plaing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...gorgeous work Trish, this is a very striking piece and to think its from your left overs too!...amazing...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish, This card is fabulous! Such simple elements combined to create something with such impact! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Trish! It's like having strawberries and cream on a card with those colours and I LOVE strawberries (but without the cream please!).
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I love the splat of paint. It a very 'free' card - I need to be brave and have a go myself - I am always very structured and planned except when I have a play with Encaustic Art xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Trish, the dollop of paint looks fab :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx