Thursday 24 January 2013

Gold Heart

Hello!
This weeks piece for the Creative Expressions DT is all about the texure!
I started off by gluing down some textural 'bits' I had in my stash to a piece of chipboard. I used a bit of sinamy, some lace and a few cocoa fibres tied together. Once they were secure, I covered the whole thing with white paint  to make sure everything blended together tonally. Once dry, I scraped some Eco Green Artist Spackle   through some sequin waste to give some texture...
I used two sizes, you can just about see both big and small circles on there!! As this is is white, once dry I had a totally white surface to start colouring! Firstly I sprayed just a little Golden Mint Cosmic Shimmer spray over the whole thing, just to take the edge off all the gold I was about to add! I think that tiny greenish tone gives the finished piece a little more depth than gold on gold on gold would have! I then put some Tarnished Brass Distress Stain onto a craft sheet, then used  a sponge to apply to the surface. I also used Gold paint in places, along with more white. To create the white spots, I sprinkled on some white embossing powder. Once heated, this forms tiny raised spots and splats!
The heart is from one of this months featured stamp sets, the Hearts Entwined set (as is the sentiment!).
I stamped it onto acetate and embossed with gold powder. I stamped the image again onto a scrap of card coloured with gold paint, then cut out the central solid heart. This card heart was adhered to the background. The acetate heart was glued to a bamboo skewer...
I added a little gold bow, then glued the whole thing so the card heart would be directly underneath the corresponding acetate shape. The 'I Love You' was gold embossed on a scrap of card, then added to the background.
Lots of messy textural fun!!
Love Trish xxxx





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous textural piece, love love the colours. Oh I noticed your post below too, I purchased the Cronology rage too, fabulous isn't it. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this simply fab make! Great layers and textures! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful texture and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project Trish, Love this textured canvas piece and such a great way to use this stamp set!The 3d dimensional heart is such a neat touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture on this and the green tinge works really well. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Trish... I'm spellbound by the depth and variety of texture in this. Completely inspirational, as ever...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderfully done Trish - the texture and gold look magical. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow Trish! Another corker from you, this is amazing! I wish we lived closer, I'd love to come round and see your wall of canvases! My little beauty arrived this morning. Thank you so much I love it, It's on my wall already, looking awesome! Michelle xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx