Friday 30 August 2013

Painty Asters- For Creative Expressions

Hello!
For my last DT piece for Creative Expressions, I decided to create a very 'Trish' piece, using lots of my favourite Creative Expressions products!
So.... a painty panel it is!
The background was created by smearing Waterfall, Lake and Lime Eco Green paint onto a white painted chipboard panel. I then brayered a little white paint over the top to soften the effect. Bottle top printing was next, using the same coloured paint as before. Onto the stamping!
As you can see, I used Sam Pooles background stamps for this, namely Bubble Wrap, Bubbles, Alphabet and Plaid. Once the ink was dry, I scraped some silver texture paste through some punchinella...
Whilst the silver added a bit of shine, I felt the whole thing needed a bit more colour, so I added in some red paint printing to give a little 'pop'.
The white stamped Asters were then added...
I coloured some acetate with red alcohol ink, then stamped a butterfly onto it. Cut out, then added to my aster!
A bit of twisted black wire to give the finishing touch as the feelers!
So, that's it!
I've loved being a part of the DT, and if you're quick, there is still time to apply to be part of the team for next year! All the details are here....
Thanks for having me, Creative Expressions!
Trish xx





5 comments:

  1. Lovely painty panel in your wonderful style. Love the touches of red and your added butterfly. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very 'Trish' painty panel & thats why I like it so much!
    The colours are great combos, great stamping & the butterfly is stunning!
    Thanks for all inspiration you have brought to us from CE dt. Was going to apply but too scared, not sure I'd come up with weekly pieces & of course I haven't sorted blog - Still?!
    Hope you are having going school hols, thanks again Trish! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or even GOOD school hols... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great make, you will be missed hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx