Thursday 8 August 2013

The sweetest thing....

Hello!
This weeks DT project for Creative Expressions is a very simple 10 cm square panel.....Kraft with a pop of colour!
The DT kit this month contained some gorgeous flower stamps ( Umount Floral Posy Floral 1 ) I stamped three of the single flower image, then cut out the flower head. I coloured the flowers with Cosmic Shimmer drawing inks. These three colours are in the Garden Twist set.
I covered the flowers with Clear Rock Candy crackle paint, then once dry rubbed a little brown Distress marker into the cracks to highlight....
The square Kraft base had a strip of book page glued onto it, then I sewed around the edge... I did a little gentle sponging with cream paint , and a touch of stamping to add a little detail. A Tim Holtz Rub On finished the look....
A simple little something to start off the month with this kit....I promise we'll get more complex as the month goes on!
Trish xx





4 comments:

  1. My favourite colour combo! Looks lovely Trish, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fab. i love kraft with a single colour added. you made it look very arty too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I Love Kraft!!!
    It may be simple (though I am pretty sure my attempt wouldn't turn out so well, lol) but it's perfect!! The use of one colour spectrum against the kraft with the subtle stamping & paint sponge detail, not forgetting the fable stitching..... What else is needed?? Nothing! Love it... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - I adore the teals with the kraft, and that gorgeous texty background. Delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx