Tuesday 17 December 2013

New Colour Challenge...

Over at A Sprinkle Of Imagination!
It's a great palette this time....nothing too wintery or Christmassy for those of us with seasonal overload!

I made this....
I covered my chipboard sheet with a thick layer of gesso, then doodled in the wet gesso with the end of a paintbrush. Once its dry, and you add colour over the top, you can see the designs you made underneath. Great texture! You can see the circles here....

The colours were painted on with a brush for once (I've discovered cheap blusher brushes from the pound shop are FABULOUS as paint brushes! Nice and fat!) As I painted them all on one after the other, a little blending occurred here and there....
Before drying off the paint, I spritzed it with water, then blotted with paper towel. That dotty effect? Thats the water droplets removing a little paint!
As you can see, I stamped using black Archival ink...
Prima Dots, Jennie Bowlin Text and a Prima Stitched circle.
A black and white Stampotique figure to offset all the colour...
She is standing on a bit of faux washi tape.... It's actually a washi tape stamp from Prima, stamped onto yellow painted card! I chopped the ends of to square it up slightly...
I hope you have a play with these colours, they are a really good combo to work with! All the details of how to enter the challenge can be found on the ASOI blog HERE...
Have a great week!
Trish xxxxx



2 comments:

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx