Friday 13 March 2015

Craft Stamper Blog Challenge Inspiration!

Hello!
The 'Take A Stamp' challenge over at Craft Stamper is still going.....you still have nearly two whole weeks to enter! Our randomly drawn winner will win some fab goodies from PaperArtsy, so it's well worth getting your stamps out and giving it a go! All the details are HERE !
Over on the blog today, the DT are sharing some more eye candy, and I've joined in for once lol!
My contribution...
A little step by step to show you my process....
First, I created a background. Smeared paint, stencilling and stamping..
The colours may be different, but the process is identical to the project I showed you in this video...



Once I had my background completed, I created my figure! I added washi tape so I knew where my figure would stand, then I sketched her in....
Those parts of the figure that would be white, or pale, were then given a coat of gesso...
I re-sketched the face in pencil...
Then coloured it using Polychromos pencils...
Hair next. I used acrylic ink ink a waterbrush....
Her dress was also coloured with Polychromos, using the same shades as the background
For a finishing touch, I added in detail with a very fine pitt pen...
The words are a very old stamp, probably my most favourite stamp ever! I've looked, and I don't think they make it any more...so it's even more of a treasure! I stamped onto tissue, then added it to the background with Mod Podge. A layer both under and over the tissue...
Once dry, you can't see the glue......
So... loads of painty layers......
and lots of lovely stamping...JUST the thing for a Craft Stamper Challenge!

I would love to see your stamping creations, so go on, join in with Craft Stamper this month!

Trish xxxx









4 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome background, Trish,

    and the painted beauty is absolutely gorgeous! Love this!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fond of your bright créations; always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx