Thursday 19 March 2015

The Bunny Girl...

Hello!
it's a glorious day here in Blackpool, and I've managed to fit in some playtime just for me!
Usually I'm a bit skeptical about SAD disorder and how it affects people, but seriously, the sun is shining, it's warm on your face as you walk outside, and I have more energy than I have had for weeks! There really is something in it after all, it would seem!
Anyway, on to my creation....
Spring colours, nice and painty-messy, and a fabulously random and quirky figure!
The background is a smeared paint/stencilled/printed/stamped affair..
A selection of washi tape to keep my girl from floating in space...
And some random words typed out on my vintage typewriter! Top Tip.... to get the old paper look to your freshly typed words, go through your old book pages and keep the new chapter/end of old chapter pages safe. The words tend to start or stop halfway down these pages, so you have a blank bit of old book page going spare. Use this bit to type on! Hey presto, brand new words but with the vintage look!

Anyway.... the focal point of the panel is my figure, a gloriously quirky girly from The Octopode Factory. I have coloured her with a mixture of Polychromo pencils, and some watercolour pencils too.
I hope you like her, I just adore that bewildered expression!
I'm linking up with two challenges today...
The Simon Monday Challenge (the theme is animals...so hope this counts! She thinks she is a bunny, so who am I to argue?!)
and the new Mixed Media World challenge. This looks great, a fab new challenge blog for all of us mixed media addicts!
I'm off to sunbathe......!!
Trish xxxxxxx




5 comments:

  1. Trish she looks fab, love her expression and she looks fab on one of your signature backgrounds, love it!! Thanks also for joining us on our first challenge over at MMW!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Blackpool is sunny today, the Promenade is a fab walk for those of us who visit, you have me in the mood for fish and chips now, mmmmm...

    Fantastic background, love the tip about old book pages and i love your bunny, she is very cute.

    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish! I'm so glad you get to enjoy the sun! I can't wait for the spring to arrive! Your bunny girl is so adorable. Love your colourful painty background! Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Mixed Media World! Hope you join again! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute project! What an adorable bunny girl! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish - it's been sunny here in Seattle, WA as well. I love how it warms my face and takes the chill out of my old rusty bones. Glad to hear you are enjoying the sunshine as well. Your project is fabulous!! I love it. I love the colors, the bunny girl, the sentiment and I more than like her. Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media World and hope to see you next month as well.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    DT Mixed Media World

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx